A Step by Step guide on resolving Liquid Damage on your Device
Electroclinic Ltd, ElectroClinic
As soon as liquid contracts into your phone or smartphone, it triggers oxidation and decomposition which then leads to the reduction of functionality as well as the failure of hardware components and the joints that are soldered within your device. The erosion then effects where the electricity current was flowing easily. As soon as this occurs, it begins to corrupt and destroy the motherboard.
Due to carbonation, liquid damage from sea water and fizzy drinks are the most severe forms of liquid damage. The carbonation causes the corrosion of your phone much faster than any other liquid damage.
In order to repair or reduce any further damage, we recommend you to send your device over to our repair centre so that we can professionally and chemically clean down your device.
The liquid damage usually takes up to a few months to completely take in effect, even when your device is fully dried and is functioning properly. It is best to send it in for repair as soon as possible before having the trouble of replacing your device. The liquid damage slowly works within the hardware components of your device, therefore you may not see any problems with it at first.
Important & Urgent First Steps!
1) Make sure you turn off your phone immediately and also remove it from the charger if connected. If the device has not been turned off it is more likely to cause short-circuit and can destroy the devices motherboard completely, at this instant, your phone will be unrepairable.
2) Try and remove any additional fluid by turning the device upside down as well as letting the fluid flow out of the headphone jacks, charging port or memory card port.
3) If the device has a case, remove it, as liquid can be flowing within the case.
4) Use a towel or cloth or dry the device
5) To speed up the drying process, you can use container which has silica gel sachets. The silica gel helps to absorb any excess water from the device. This is an optional step, but if you have any sachets at your disposal, it may help speed up the drying process.
What NOT TO DO!
one of the methods that our customers tend to do before sending their phone to us is that they put their phone inside a bag or container of rice. This does absolutely nothing in absorbing the fluid, specially when the fluid is not water. In some cases the rice oxidises the soldered joints that are already weakened due to the liquid damage.
What happens when we receive your phone:
As soon as you book your repair with us and choose the method of device collection, we will store your enquiry and device details within our system. We then forward your device to our mobile phone repair technician which starts implementing the first steps of the device restoration.
The steps we take to restore your phone:
1) The first step we take is opening the phone up by unscrewing the components of the device. The tool that is used to open the device is a working magnetic screw driver.
2) We remove the screen from the device by using a suction cup which is attached to the screen then gently pulled off of the device.
3) We then remove the connector that's covering the plate. This enables the device's main connectors to be exposed with a screwdriver. In order to prevent any damage or short circuit, we then use a plastic tool to remove the internal connectors.
4) The battery and charging port connector that are covering the plate is then removed (again with a plastic tool).
5) We then come to the main component which is the motherboard. We then carefully remove the motherboard by unscrewing the riser screws that hold the motherboard in place.
6) This step is a very important process as it includes chemical cleaning. We use a chemical called 'Isopropanol' which contains pure (99.9%) alcohol. This substance must only be used by a technician with extreme care as it can cause very dangerous side effects and is extremely flammable. We pour this substance in a special machine (ultrasonic cleaner) which then we insert the motherboard within the machine to give it a full chemical cleanse. Once the chemical cleansing has been completed. We repeat this step twice within 30 minutes to complete the chemical cleanse.
7) This step involves the specialist to manually clean the other components of the device.
8) We then start drying the motherboard by putting it on a electric hot plate which dries the motherboard within two minutes. The rest of the components must be double checked and properly dried as well before assembling the device.
9) The next step is to re-assemble the device before the testing phase. This step is very important, as our engineer must assemble the device exactly the same it was when we received it. It is very important that you send your device to us rather than trying to fix it yourself.
10) The testing phase makes sure that every function of your device is working (hardware and software). We then contact the client to update them on the repair and advise them on any issues that arose and how we can resolve it.
11) We then use high protective packaging and insert the device within the packaging.
And there it is, a definitive step by step guide on how you and our company can restore and repair your device from Liquid Damage. This form of damage has a very long and challenging process, and in some cases it is not successful due to the excessive amount of liquid that the device has been subjected to and how long it has been left un-repaired.
Our recommendation is that you send your device to us as soon as possible in order for us to restore and repair your device. For more information on how you can resolve this issue and book your repair, phone us on 02073512801 or email us at [email protected]
Keep Your Facebook Account Secure
How To Keep Your Facebook Account Completely Secure